After attending a meeting with a design group I belong to, I was surprised to discover many Licensed Building Practitioners did not know how to maintain their LBP registration online. They were either unaware or frustrated with the online process.
So I’ve put together simple, step-by-step instructions on how to update your LBP points on lbp.govt.nz/lbp
1. Go to lbp.govt.nz/lbp
2. At the top of the page, click on ‘Login for LBP’ or go to lbp.ewr.govt.nz/OnlineAccount/Login
3. A new page will appear. At the top right hand side of the page, click on ‘RealMe Login’. Tip: To save going through the first two steps, you can save this page as a favourite. I prefer to go through the steps so I can see any important notices from LBP.
4. A new page will appear. Enter your username and password. If you have forgotten your username or password, simply click on ‘I forgot my username/password’ and follow the steps. If you have not registered, click on ‘Create your RealMe login now’ and follow the steps.
5. Once you are logged in, at the top right hand side, you will see your name. Tip: It’s always good practice to logout. You can do this by clicking on ‘Logout’ beside your name.
6. The main page has a few different options. At the top left, select ‘Skills Maintenance’.
7. Once you have clicked on ‘Skills Maintenance’, a new screen will appear displaying your LBP points.
8. This is where you can update your LBP points. It will display the number of points you have accumulated, and the number of points that are required for a 2 year period. This appears at the end of the page. You need 30 points in total.
9. If you have an LBP activity to add, click on the ‘add’ button at the end of the page.
10. Once you have clicked the ‘Add’ button, an ‘Add’ box will appear on the page. Fill in all fields including activity, date completed, hours and detail in the text box about the LBP activity.
11. Once completed, click on ‘Update’. The new LBP activity will appear on the page and your points will be updated.
12. Don’t forget to logout.
I see no problem with entering further LBP items and points, even when the target of 30 is reached. You never know when an audit might be done, and they may consider one of the entries as unsuccessful.
Hope this helps!